The official contact tracing app, Aarogya Setu has got a new feature that helps assess the risk you may be at of contracting the coronavirus. Using Bluetooth activity, Aarogya Setu can now list out the status of those who have come in contact with you, to help you self- assess whether you are at risk of being infected.
The new feature was announced on Twitter via the official handle of the Aarogya Setu app. You can now find out if you have been in close proximity with a COVID-19 patient using the Bluetooth module on your device.
Aarogya Setu will let you perform COVID-19 contact tracing on your own
You will need to update the Aarogya Setu app to use the new feature. The feature lists out the number of people you have come in close proximity to. To assess their status, you will need to give permission to upload your data to the government servers.
“In case your status has been assessed as Moderate Risk or High Risk meaning your screen is Yellow or Orange, Aarogya Setu will also let you know date, time & approximate location & duration of such BT contact with someone who has been diagnosed COVID positive. This will enable you to assess your risk. Some BT contacts can be for short durations during travel, some can be when you have Masks on without any physical contact. Always important to take necessary precautions and monitor your symptoms,” according to the tweet.
The update is only for the Android app for now. The feature will be added to the iOS app in the next few days.
Here are the steps you need to follow to self-assess your risk of being infected:
1. Update the Aarogya Setu Android app. After the update, you will see a “See Recent Contacts” option in the area where you can see your status — Green, Orange or Red.
2. Click that option to see who you have come in contact with in the past 30 days or since you installed the app. The app will tell you a specific number of people you have come in contact with.
3. To know their status, you have to give permission to the app to upload your data to secure government servers.
4. It takes around three hours after uploading the data to know the status of your contacts.
5. Once the results are in, the app will tell you how many of them were healthy, at-risk or infected.
6. The app also shows the date, time duration and approximate location of the contact who was found infected.
Aarogya Setu has new features – let’s you know of your BT contacts and allows you to assess your risk level. Update your App and click on See Recent Contacts to get this information. @CovidIndiaSeva@mygovindia @MoHFW_INDIA#SetuMeraBodyguard#IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/IsexQVITNE
— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) July 5, 2020